Monday 25 June 2012

TippedForStardom

Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got till its gone? They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

That's not really relevant to anything but I've got the stuck song in my head and I thought writing it down may get it out. It didn't.

Today we say farewell to Lonesome George, the last known giant Galapagos tortoise who has baffled scientists by his inability to produce offspring. Apparently he was 'totally disinterested' in the opposite sex and refused a mate, preferring his own company and earning him the nickname of  'the Galapagos' most eligible bachelor'.
Clearly he was just the first gay giant Galapagos tortoise? That's obvious even to me and I'm no zoologist, I'll tell you that for free.

Rest in peace George, may the afterlife fare ye well and allow you all those simple pleasures this life did not; gay bars, Lycra, The Village People...

I'm feeling all fidgety and ARGHH at the moment. Teenage angst regression. Fed up of living at home. Must escape.
I know I'm too impatient etcetctec. but I want things to happen NOW. Why can't things just happen now?

After swearing never to do extra work again the need for money has sadly driven me back. A dark day for all involved. Today I had the pleasure of listening to a guy who talked about himself and his 'amazing' life as a rep in Kavos (I've been to Kavos. Amazing is not an adjective I would use...) for abarrr 50 million years.
At one point he actually said this following sentence without any hint of irony or sarcasm,

'...I was actually tipped for stardom...'

God, he was annoying. I was too busy stifling incredulous laughter to hear the rest of that sentence properly but the gist of it was that he'd been an extra in 51st state with Samuel L. Jackson. When a fellow 'Support Artist' commented that he must have a really good show reel he looked a bit shifty and said 'well, yeah...you can sort of see the back of my leg.'

What is wrong with these people?

In more positive news Little Shirley Beans Designs should hopefully be up-and-running soon* watch this space.

I visited a vintage fair at le weekend and picked up this cute ring, I'd like to share it with you all here


IthinkIcanIknowIcanIthinkIcanIknowIcan


x

*read 'soon' as anytime from this day forth...

No comments:

Post a Comment